Friday, June 26, 2009

Kenangan Terindah

“Bila..yang tertulis untukmu..
Adalah yang terbaik untukmu..
Kan ku jadikan kau kenangan..
Yang terindah dalam hidupmu…”

18 March 2008 - 8 May 2008 >>> unforgettable period in my life. The lyric above is one of my favourite songs when I was in camp-Kenangan Terindah. When listening to this song, those indescribable feeling come back again..

Today I chat with a few friends that had been to National Service last year. We shared our experiences while in the camp. We had gone through a difficult life when we first enter the camp which is quite far away from our sweet home. This is the first time I leave my family and forced to live in a different way. Nobody accompany me, I have to learn to be independent, make new friends and the worst is I have to wash my own clothes! I thought I will not cry for leaving home and my family, but at the second day’s night I really cannot control my tears from dropping when I received one of my friend’s calls.

I did not enjoy much in the camp. Because everyone looks so strange to me, I felt very embarrassed to talk to them. After getting together for few weeks, I’m quite close to some Chinese friends. The only happy moment I had is when a group of Chinese people chatting and taking photos together. I’m very passive, so do some of my Chinese friends as we did not participate in any activity. I enjoyed kembara halangan very much, as well as ‘flying fox’. I’m very regret for leaving the camp earlier, and did not participate in all the activities and competition. Kayak, rakit, M16!!! Haiz..

It is a place where people can reduce weight. I lost 4-5kg during that period but now getting fatter. That’s what I had for my breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast-bread, lunch-fruit, dinner-biscuit + Milo. The Malay food doesn’t stimulate my appetite at all.

What I hate the most is character building(CB)class, kenegaraan(KN) class and listening to nonsense speech. Those cikgu treat all of us as kindergarten children during the class. We sleep very late, wake up at 5 something the next day. Jurulatih very cruel to us, they tortured us like their dog.

After leaving the ‘hell’, I miss those days very much although I hate the stupid camp-Kem Hijrah Penor. If you ask me, ‘if you have the chance to join NS once again, would you go? My answer is YES! providing that I have given 100% freedom and exempted from CB & KN class. and i will actively participate in every activity from A to Z.

1 comment:

  1. wah...such a dreadful experience mie? calm down...however, it is a good experience...


    ya...tat is a good song...

    ReplyDelete